The One Firm For All Your Legal Needs

DWI Defense

A drunk driving charge should not be taken lightly. The consequences can be severe if you are convicted. You can receive jail time, fines, lose your license and be saddled with a criminal record.

Working to protect the rights of clients facing a DWI charge

At the Rockland County law firm of Montalbano, Condon & Frank, P.C., we defend people against DWI charges. We are dedicated to protecting clients’ rights and making sure that law enforcement personnel follow prescribed procedures. There can be significant variation in the administration of blood alcohol content (BAC) tests, breathalyzer tests and field sobriety tests. This can affect what charge the defendant receives.

Should you refuse a breathalyzer test?

Many drivers stopped for DWI wonder whether they should refuse to take a breathalyzer test. If you refuse, your license will be suspended and possibly revoked after a DMV hearing. We attend such DMV hearings with clients, making sure that the police had probable cause for the traffic stop and whether you were informed about the possible loss of your license if you refuse a test. It is critical to have experienced counsel with you at this hearing to protect your rights.

Are lesser penalties possible?

Depending on the severity of the charge, our attorneys may be able to negotiate alternate penalties, avoiding jail time and permitting the client to drive while the case is pending and after. Our law firm has been defending people in Rockland County against charges such as DWAI (driving while alcohol-impaired) and aggravated DWI (driving with a blood alcohol content of .18 or higher) since 1973. We understand the local court rules, know the prosecutors and are known as credible lawyers when defending against DWI charges.

Contact our New City, New York, lawyers at Montalbano, Condon & Frank, P.C., for experienced DWI defense. We know that the stakes are high. We work to protect your rights and obtain the best possible outcome for clients whenever possible. 845-521-7108.