- Of Counsel
Thomas Condon joined the Firm in 1976 as a partner/member after leaving the Wall Street firm of Dewey Ballantine, Bushby, Palmer & Wood, bringing a new dimension to MC&F's ability to provide a local, national and international clientele with legal services covering complex tax, business and commercial matters. He had extensive experience in corporate, commercial and general tax law and litigation, and headed up the Firm's Tax and Commercial Department. His writings on tax law appeared in various professional publications. Mr. Condon was a member of the Rockland County Bar Association, American Bar Association, and New York State Bar Association.
Mr. Condon was a well-liked and highly respected member of our Rockland County legal community and was extremely active as a community member. He was a founding member of the Rockland County Chapter of Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, where he served on the Board of Directors; a member of the Rockland Business Association where he served as Chairman of the Board for a period, as well as the Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation where he served on the Board of Trustees.
Mr. Condon received his education at Stonehill College, B.S., B.A. 1968, and Catholic University of America, J.D. 1972. A Phi Alpha Delta, he was Associate Editor of the Catholic University Law Review and formerly worked with Price Waterhouse & Co., in Washington, D.C. Mr. Condon was admitted to practice in the State of New York, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, and the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts.
Mr. Condon passed away on August 27, 2020.
Areas of Practice
- General Tax Law
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1972
- Stonehill College
- B.S. B.A. - 1968
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rockland County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Rockland County Chapter of the Society of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, Founding Member
- Rotary Club of New City, Inc., Adopt-a-Highway Program, Chairman
- Camp Bullowa Trust, Executive Board Member, Chairman
- Board of the Rockland Business Association, Former Chairman
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Trustees, Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation
- Operations Committee, Planned Giving Committee, Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation
- St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity