Alan G. Rosenblatt
A partner/member in the Firm, Mr. Rosenblatt graduated from SUNY at Stony Brook with a B.A. in 1975, and St. John's University School of Law with a J.D. in 1978. He worked with a boutique law firm in New York City from 1978 through 1984 before returning to Rockland where he became an associate and then a partner with the Firm.
Since 1984, he has devoted his practice exclusively to Matrimonial and Family Law. Mr. Rosenblatt is a member of the Board Directors of the Rockland County Bar Association (President, from July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015)and former Co-Chair of the Association's Family Law Committee. He is also a member of the Legislation Committee of the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association and a member of the Attorney for Children Advisory Committee of the Ninth Judicial District. He has lectured on matrimonial law and is also a member of The Family Law Sections of the Rockland County Bar Association and New York State Bar Association. He heads the Matrimonial and Family Law Department for the Firm, and has had extensive litigation experience in domestic relations and family law related matters including equitable distribution, custody, maintenance, and child support.
Mr. Rosenblatt was admitted to practice in New York State in 1979 and is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial Law
- Family Law
- New York, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1980
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 1978
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, New York
- B.A. - 1975
- Lecture, Matrimonial Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rockland County Bar Association, Member, Board Directors
- Rockland County Bar Association, Former Co-Chair, Association's Family Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Legislation Sub-Committee
- Attorney for Children Advisory Committee, Ninth Judicial District, Member
- Rockland County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Dressel & Altman, New York City, 1978 - 1984